ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The Atlantis Flo-Cell® drainage system is an Atlantis flagship product invented and developed by the founder of the company in 1986. The product was developed to facilitate adding roof top gardens and planter boxes to building construction without adding heavy aggregate as drainage that placed severe limitations on the structural design of the building. The product provided a structurally strong structure, highly effective drainage and lightweight properties that was so successful that the drainage cell became an landscaping industry standard.
The Atlantis Flo-Cell® range is a versatile product suitable for many applications including the drainage of sports fields, civil works, retaining walls and landscaping applications. The Flo-Cell® is also ideally suited for WSUD (Water Sensitive Urban Design) applications and provides and ideal use for increasing the permeability of ground areas which reduces overland flow and facilitates groundwater recharge.
- Rapid Drainage: Efficiently drain excess water while retaining an optimum moisture level. Ideal for promoting plant growth in planter box and roof garden applications.
- Lightweight: No cranes of lifting equipment required.
- Strong Structural Design: The Flo-Cell products can be installed horizontally or vertically and are easy configured to meet specifications.
- Quick Installation: Faster installation than traditional aggregate drainage systems.
-High Infiltration: 90% void ratio.
-Biological Resistant: The product is indefinitely resistant to biological contaminants.
The Atlantis Flo-Cell® Infiltration Cell is available in the following sizes
Main Applications of the Atlantis Flo-Cell®
The use of these systems is widely extended in countries such as Germany, France, Sweden, Holland, Australia, New Zealand or the United States.
The Flo-Cell® is also designed for Sustainable Urban Water Design (WSUD) applications and provides an ideal solution to increase the permeability of surface areas by reducing flow over the ground, facilitating recharge. of groundwater.
Sport Field Drainage
Excess water can flow both vertically and horizontally below the surface of the playing field, thus eliminating water stagnation, erosion, and soil deterioration.
The unique design of the Atlantis drainage system creates an aerobic water table in constant suspension in the subsoil, known as the hanging groundwater layer. In the event of a water shortage, the playing field has a consistent supply of water that remains below the surface and remains at a constant level even in torrential rain conditions. The continuous supply of water and ventilation of the subfloor results in a uniform and adequate colour of the playing field, a healthy root system and stronger turf overall.
Our system facilitates faster recovery from deteriorated areas and keeps grass healthy year-round by combining a high growth environment for roots along with rapid drainage flow and increased moisture retention. The combination of ReFlex mesh elements developed by Tensar International in conjunction with the Atlantis drainage cell system in the soil profile, provides load bearing capacity for a secondary asphalt road and prevents compaction. The profile can be installed on any reinforced clay or concrete base.
Atlantis Golf Course Drainage
How does it work?
- Atlantis drainage cells are arranged horizontally as a filter mat, wrapped in high-quality hydrophilic geotextiles. These are covered with washed sand, allowing the water to circulate in any direction.
- The horizontal infiltrating blanket, captures the water by infiltration, and a series of permeable pipes under the surface, directs the excess water towards the Atlantis reservoir tanks.
- Unique cell design prevents sediment build-up that could clog the system. Creating a layer of suspended water that keeps the soil moist and stable for a long period of time. In times of rain or irrigation, excess water penetrates the hollow cells and is distributed horizontally over the entire panelled surface.
- Compared to other systems, Atlantis allows efficient infiltration thanks to its hollow surface of around 90%.
- The Atlantis system resists soil compaction, keeping it in optimal conditions for sports.